Tuesday 6 December 2011

Mapping

I love to walk and run; it is a great way to not only see places but also to get away from others.  I love to go out exploring on foot. This gives me an opportunity to see and feel the environment in my own time. This process of walking is not just about seeing the sights, it is also about your thoughts and feelings as you move through the spaces. My walks are about the emotions that are evoked and the thoughts and memories that may be triggered by the sights, smells and sounds around me. The more we become aware of what we are sensing in the here and now the more we are likely to get a feel for the place and space we are in. Thoughts can become clearer and the mind more at rest. Walking is an escape to find the open unrestricted space that evokes those feelings of connection and freedom. The experience of moving in amongst the elements of the environment is as important to me as eating.
I create maps of these walks. They are my response to this experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment